How do I return defective products?
- To return a defect, contact your salesperson or customer service and let them know what you'd like to return. Once approved, pack the parts in a shipping box and seal it. Service Champ will mail you a prepaid FedEx return label. Simply apply the label to your carton and give it to FedEx.
- Upon inspection, a credit will be issued to your account for purchase amount of the returned parts.
How do I make a stock adjustment of parts that I cannot use?
- Any product in good resalable condition (which means the condition you would be satisfied with if you were to purchase it again) may be returned for credit. All returns are subject to a 20% restocking charge without exception.
- No credit will be issued for parts which are in non-resalable condition, discontinued, in less than their original package quantities, special order products or which were not sold to you by SERVICE CHAMP.
- SERVICE CHAMP will pay for the return freight for Stock Adjustments which are within 5% of your prior year’s purchases (example: $8,000 in prior year purchases entitle you to a $400 Stock Adjustment).
- Any Stock Adjustment which is greater than 5% of your prior year’s purchases, a freight cost of $30 per shipping carton (in addition to the 20% Re-Stocking Charge) will be deducted from the credit memo.
- Contact your Sales Representative or Customer Service and inform them of the exact part numbers and quantities you wish to return along with how many shipped cartons they filled.
- Stock adjustments can be made four times per year in the months of March, June, September and December exclusively.
- As long as your Stock Adjustment is within the 5% allowance, SERVICE CHAMP will mail you pre-paid FedEx Return Labels. Simply apply the labels to the shipping boxes and give the boxes to your FedEx driver at your earliest convenience.
- A written Return Goods Authorization (RGA) is required before any product can be returned to SERVICE CHAMP. Returns made without an RGA are subject to a handling charge of 50% or more.
- A Credit Memo only will be issued for all products meeting our Stock Adjustment Policy at the pricing in effect at time of the return.
- All invalid products (such as non-saleable, discontinued, less than full package quantity, or not sold to you by SERVICE CHAMP) will be discarded at SERVICE CHAMP and will not receive any credit.
What should I do if there is a claim on a product?
In the unlikely event one of our products results in a failure or claim, please complete a Product Claim Report. For oil filters (all brands except Security Global), air filters and cabin filters, click here to make a claim. For all other prodcuts, click here for general claim form.
Upon our receipt of the Report and the product in question, we will forward all information directly to the manufacturer of the product. Their Engineering Department is asked by Service Champ to promptly evaluate the claim and provide a written response along with all results / data they have assembled. All of this information will be provided to you. This process usually takes 7-10 business days from start to finish.
Overall, Service Champ’s annual defective product rate is two-tenths of one-percent. We purchase only from top-tier manufacturers because we recognize that “your” good name is on the line every time you service a vehicle. If a product distributed by Service Champ is found to be defective and the cause of a claim, we stand behind it.
Until this process has been completed with the manufacturer of the product in question, we cannot tell you how to handle the claim with your customer.